Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Smoker's Paradise

Being in Japan has been a magnificent experience, I enjoyed observing the culture, the people and the environment around me. While walking around to learn more about the people and how they live, I came around a cigarettes vending machine.
I was excited and shocked at the same time. In the United States of America, we have a law that prohibits anyone from being able to buy a pack of cigarettes' under the age eighteen years of old. In Japan, it became visible to be different, it appears to me that you are able to put your money into the machine and pick the type of cigarette you want and there you go. A cigarette in the palm of your hand, no questions asked or having anone ask foryour age. On the other hand, if you were to sell cigarettes to a minor in the United States of America, you will get a ticket from the law enforcement, and if you were caught smoking a cigarette while being under the legal age, you would receive a ticket and would most probably be sent to a juvenile area to teach you a lessonfor breaking the law. Since Japan is one of the largest tobacco markets, and also more than twenty illion people are smokers in Japan, caigarettes are smoked everywhere.From my observation of japan, I have noticed that smoking in public places is allowed. You are allowed to smoke in restaurants, streets, bars, and fast food areas, while in the United States of America we have a smoking ban that bans indoor smoking in public places. Since this my first time coming to Japan and since everyone has told me that Japan is more stirct than the United States of America, you now know that when it comes to smoking.

Japan is extremely smoke friendly for all the smokers out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment